Release Date: 26th March 2021
Set in the ninja-inspired land of Kamura Village, explore lush ecosystems and battle fearsome monsters to become the ultimate hunter. It's been half a century since the last calamity struck, but a terrifying new monster has reared its head and threatens to plunge the land into chaos once again.
Hunt solo or in a party with friends to earn rewards that you can use to craft a huge variety of weapons and armour. Brand new gameplay systems such as the high-flying 'Wire Action' and your canine companion 'Palamute' will add exciting new layers to the already robust combat that Monster Hunter is known for.
Whether it's at home, on the go, online or offline - you'll always be ready for your next hunt on the Nintendo Switch™!
- 4 player co-op is back in full force!
- Use the Wirebug to get around! - Release the Wirebug in any direction you want, and it will pull you in, using a special kind of tough silk. This not only lets you traverse steep and rocky terrain at high speeds but can also be combined with weapon attacks for special combos! Explore open locales, flying around with your Wirebug and running on walls!
- New monsters with a unique ecology:
- Magnamalo - The main monster in MONSTER HUNTER RISE, Magnamalo, is a fearsome Fanged Wyvern that hunts its prey with relentless malice.
- Aknosom - When this huge Bird Wyvern stands on one leg, its peculiar collar gives it the appearance of a monstrous parasol. It is fiercely territorial, and whenever it finds intruders, it spreads its wings and unfolds the eye-like crest on its head to terrifying effect.
- Great Izuchi - A Bird Wyvern whose tail has evolved into a scythe-like shape, which it uses to attack its prey. Great Izuchi tend to roam around their territory in groups with smaller Izuchi, the sharpest two of the pack always at their leader's side. Once they find their prey, they unleash a flurry of combination attacks.
- Tetranadon - An amphibian easily recognized by its gigantic, rotund body. It is extremely gluttonous and swallows everything that moves whole, gravel and all. Once it's done eating, its stomach swells and it becomes slower, but its attacks also become heavier and much more destructive.
- On top of new monsters, many fan favourites will also make their return.
- A New Type of Buddy! - This game introduces the "Palamute" as a trusty new companion. It helps you out with supporting attacks, and it even lets you ride on its back!
- New Hunter Base Kamura Village - A scenic village, known for its Tatara Steel. You'll find all the conveniences a hunter needs like the Smithy and other facilities, and all kinds of colourful characters.
- New Locale: Shrine Ruins - Once a place where people prayed for protection, this shrine has fallen into decay and is now haunted by the roars of monsters, day and night. However, it still maintains its holy nature and exudes a mysterious aura.